This card represents some of my favorite go-to techniques. I made this card for the SSS Flickr Challenge #71 which requires you to make a project using your favorite technique(s).
I’m not really a heavy user of a lot of different tehnqiues. I love what others can do with the latest techniques, but I’m usually slow to adapt to the latest cardmaking trends. Some of these trends such as watercoloring take a lot of time to master and do effectively. I love watercolor techniques, but I’m still trying to develop my eye for watercoloring.
Several of the techniques I rely on often are represented in the card above. I love the emboss resist technique and die-cuts!
Details of this project:
- My Favorite Things (MFT) Bundles of Blossoms Background stamp
- Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Birthday Bits stamp set (sentiment)
• MFT Die-namics: Stitched Flowers
• PTI Limitless Layers 2.5” Circle Die Collection
• Versamark Ink
• SSS Rose Apple Dye Ink
• Neenah Solar White 110# card base
• Rose/Coral cardstock (from stash) for mat
• Papertrey Ink (PTI): Rustic Cream cardstock (die-cut flowers)
• Ranger 8.5×11 Mixed Media Cardstock (card front)
• Bazzill 40lb Vellum cardstock
• Hero Arts white embossing powder
• WOW Embossing Powder in Gold Rich Pale
• Pretty Pink Posh: Metallic Gold Sequins (4mm and 6mm)
How I Made this Project:
1. Using an A2 sized piece of Ranger Mixed Media cardstock, I stamped the card with MFT’s Bundles of Blossoms background stamp with Versamark ink and then heat embossed the image with Hero Arts white embossing powser.
2. I then used the embossed-resist technique to color the background using SSS Rose Apple dye ink. The ink was applied lightly to the center of the background, and then more heavily moving outward to the edges.
3. Using a die from the PTI Limitless Layers Circle die collection, I die-cut the circle piece from vellum and heat embossed the sentiment onto it using WOW gold embossing powder
4. Three dies from the MFT Die-namics Stitched Flower die set were used to cut out flowers from PTI Rustic Cream cardstock. These flowers were adhered onto the vellum sentiment circle using micro glue dots.
5. For assembly of the final card:
• I cut down the A2 embossed-resist card panel to around ¼ inch on all sides.
• Matted this to full A2-sized card panel in a rose-coral piece of cardstock from my stash.
• The center sentiment piece was adhered to the card front using micro glue dots placed behind the small die-cut flowers.
• Gold sequins were adhered to the centers of the die-cut flowers.
• The entire finished card front was adhered to a top-folding, portrait-oriented card base.