For this fall card, I created my own autumn-themed patterned paper using the Essentials by Ellen Rustic Botanicals stamp set. The pattern was created using stamps from this set and inks in burgundy, oranges, green and browns. The inks reflect and autumn palette.
I die cut the word FALL from the Hinged Alphabet die set also from Essentials by Ellen. While these dies leave a hinge (uncut) edge on the left side of the alphabet letter, I cut the hinge using a craft knife so that I would have an un-hinged alphabet letter. The letters were cut from a bronze colored metallic cardstock and give the card a rich look. I’m sorry that it doesn’t show up as well as it does in real life. I also used the bronze metallic cardstock as an A2-sized mat for the background. I had to cut down the patterned piece to 4”x5.25” so the matting would show.
Since the patterned background was busy, I muted the pattern with a piece of vellum the exact size as the pattern. The “FALL” letters were. I stamped a hello in brown ink on white cardstock using a stamp set from Altenew.
All elements were arranged as you see in the photo. One note, the letter “A” on the hinged side cuts bluntly, so to hide this, I added a punched leaf from a leaf border punch to hide the blunted edge of the “A” and added two more leaves to make the them look like a part of the design, rather than a way to cover the left bottom edge of the “A”. The leaves were raised with foam tape for interest and dimension. The entire card front was mounted onto an A2 top-folding card base of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock.
Hope you like the card. Have a great Autumn day!
- Essentials by Ellen: Rustic Botanicals
- Altenew: Label Love clear stamp set (word “HELLO”)
- Essentials by Ellen: Hinged Alphabet die set
- EK Tools Paper Punch: Falling Leaves border punch
- Bronze Metallic cardstock (from my stash) – for die-cut letters and mat for card front
- Neenah Solar White 80# (card front)
- Neenah Solar White 110# (card base)
- Papertrey Ink: Terracotta Tile (for punched out leaves)
- Papertrey Inks in Terracotta Tile, Canyon Clay, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate
- Hero Arts: Hybrid Bold Ink in Caramel