The inspiration for my card shown above, is the picture board for the January Ellen Huston Pin-Sights Challenge show below. I love the understated tones of blues, purples and a touch of green for a color palette. The field of flowers in those shades was another image from the inspiration board that I was attracted to as well. The scene is one of beauty and serenity. This was the feeling I wanted to capture.
The supplies I used and how I created and assembled the card are listed as the bottom of the blog post.
Hope you like the card! Have a great day!
Supplies used in making this project:
- Essentials by Ellen: Thistle stamp set (flowers & stems).
- Essentials by Ellen: Lovely stamp set (sentiment)
- Essentials by Ellen: Thistle dies (coordinates with the Thistle stamp set).
- Papertrey Ink: Winter Wisteria (flower) and Amethyst Allure (background)
- Catherine Pooler Inks: Royal Treatment (flower), Juniper Mist (flower), Green Tea (stems)
- Strathmore Bristol Vellum (front flower panel)
- Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock (flowers & stems)
- Papertrey Ink 110# cardstock in Royal Velvet (a deep purple) for the mat
- Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock (card base)
- White Fun Foam
- Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen in clear
How I made this card:
- Starting with a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of Strathmore Bristol Vellum paper, I ink-blended a pale amethyst background using a foam ink blending tool. I applied the color starting from the lower left-hand corner and worked upward and out. I gradually lightened the color as I moved outward for a soft fade. I then added a few water droplets to the blended background and blotted them off with a paper towel. I did this to add more texture to the background
- I stamped and die-cut three flowers in different colors, using the colors from the inspiration board. I also stamped and die-cut three of the flower stems in the same green-tea shade and from the same flower stamp set. All flowers and stems were stamped onto Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock
- I mounted the flowers and stems onto fun foam (I die cut the fun foam pieces using the same dies from the die set and the arranged them on the front of the blended background.
- When I arranged the assembled flowers, I noticed that for better placement, the flowers had to run off the edge on the left side.
- Since they ran of the side, I trimmed down the Bristol panel on the right and top sides so that the total panel was 4” x 5.25”.
- The flower panel was mounted onto a full-sized A2 (4.25” x 5.5”) deep purple mat. Note: I mounted the panel so that it was flush to the mat on the bottom right corner.
- A simple, small “Hello” was stamped onto the card front so it wouldn’t distract from the flowers.
- A little shimmer was added to the flowers with a clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen.
- The entire card front was adhered to an A2 top-folding card base.