This project is an instance in which I created a card to fit a sentiment that I liked. The sentiment is from an Essentials by Ellen stamp set, Stay Salty. All other images and dies used are also from Ellen Hutson and listed in the supply list below.
I posted the project on Instagram a while ago but didn’t get a chance to do so on my blog. So here it is in a blog post.
How I made this project:
- Using a square piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper cut to 3.5”x3.5”, I blended 3 shades of blue Distress Oxide inks to create an ombré
- On a separate piece of Neenah Solar White #80 cardstock, I stamped the butterfly image in Copic-friendly Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored the butterfly using Copic markers and then die-cut the butterfly using its coordinating die.
- On a 4”x5.25” piece of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock, I die cut a window using Ellen Hutson’s Strands die. This die cuts an opening around 3” square with thin, wavy, horizontal lines going across the window. I thought the die-cut lines complemented the lines in the butterfly’s wings and well as adding interest to the ombré
- I adhered the blue ombrébackground to the back of the die-cut piece.
- The sentiment was stamped below the die-cut window in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- The entire card front was then mounted onto a landscape-oriented, top-folding A2 card base in black cardstock.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Essentials by Ellen: Up the Happy (butterfly); Essentials by Ellen: Stay Salty (sentiment).
- Dies: Essentials by Ellen: Strands die (wavy lines/square opening); Essentials by Ellen: Up the Happy die set (coordinating die for butterfly image).
- Inks: Distress Oxide Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, and Mermaid Lagoon; Memento: Tuxedo Black Ink; Versafine pigment ink in Onyx Black.
- Copic Markers: RV66, RV09 (for butterfly’s wings).
- Cardstock: Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper (ombre background); Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock (for card front); Papertrey Ink: True Black cardstock for card base.
Hope you like me project. Have a great day!