Motherhood is universal, yet each person’s mother is unique! Here is another Mother’s Day card created with a vibrant floral arrangement.
For added glamour, the word “mom” was die-cut from lowercase dies in magenta glitter paper. I love how the magenta glitter paper adds an additional level of richness and glitz.
The die-cut word was mounted onto vellum in order hide the outlined word “kind” that was in the middle of the floral arrangement stamp.
How I made this project:
- Stamp the floral arrangement using Memento Ink onto an A2-sized piece of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock. I used an ink that was alcohol-marker friendly because I was going to use Copic markers to color the floral arrangement.
- Color the floral images with your favorite colors.
- Die-cut the word “mom” from glitter cardstock.
- Glue the die-cut word onto a small rectangular piece of vellum and then glue the sentiment piece to the center of the colored floral arrangement.
- Trim down A2 card front to 4”x5.25” and mat it onto an A2-sized piece of magenta/pomegranate cardstock.
- Adhere the card front piece onto an A2 sized card base.
Supplies I used to make this project:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Kind Flowers (floral arrangement stamp & sentiment phrase)
- Dies: My Favorite Things Die-namics: By the Letters die set (discontinued), can substitute a alphabet die set that is approximately 3/4-inch high.
- Copic Markers: Leaves: YG23, YG11, yg17 (leaves); Flowers: R85, RV34, RV21; BV17, BV08; V04, V15; RV09, RV66; Y38 (flower centers and circles).
- Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment phrase); Memento Tuxedo Black (floral piece)
- Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp Glitter Cardstock in Magenta; Neenah Solar White 80# card front; Magenta/Pomegranate cardstock from my stash (for matting card front); Neenah Solar White 110# for card base; Bazzill Vellum 40#.
Note: the SSS stamp set has a large floral arrangement stamp in it, with the word “KIND” in the middle. I loved the floral arrangement and wanted to hide or obscure the word “KIND” and replace it with the MOM die-cut piece. To do this, I extended the flowers by coloring over the word “KIND” so that the flowers appeared over the word and made the word less noticeable. Since the vellum obscured anything underneath it, the extended flowers appeared as if they were part of the original floral arrangement.
Hope you like this project. Have a great day!