I love using die-cuts that create openings. The openings serve as frames for my stamped images.
For this whimsical card, I chose a theme to tie several stamp images and a sentiment together. I’m sending it to a friend as a hello card.
How I made this project:
- For this project, I used a die cut that cuts 6 round openings. I cut the openings using a 4″ x 5.25″ piece of white cardstock
- I stamped 5 images that were all thematically related to sushi and ramen (I was hungry at the time!), colored the images with Copic markers and then cut out the colored images using the coordinating die set.
- For the assembly of the card, I used a teal-colored piece of 4.25″ x 5.5″ (A2) as my mat. I centered and adhered the white die-cut piece onto the teal-colored mat. I stamped a sentiment on the bottom, right opening.
- I then adhered all the images using foam squares onto the remaining 5 openings. I then adhered the card front onto an vertical-oriented card base.
- Note: All images and the sentiment were from the same stamp set.
Supplies used in this project:
- Stamps: Essentials by Ellen: Wasabi stamp set.
- Dies: Essentials by Ellen: Wasabi die set (coordinates with stamp set by the same name); Simon Says Stamp: Repeating Circles wafer die.
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Copic-friendly ink; used for the stamped images that were colored using Copics); Versafine pigment ink: Onyx Black (for sentiment); Taylored Expressions: Early Grey ink (for nori skins on the sushi).
- Copic Markers: R12, R22, R01, YG11, YB23, Y35.
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80# (die-cut openings); Papertrey Ink: Tropical Teal (for mat); Neenah Solar White 110#.
Hope you like this card. Have a great day!
One thought on “Hey, Wasabi?”
Hello Maggie !
I’m writting an article for the issue n°47 of the french magazine called “Passion Cartes Créatives” about mermaids in card-making.
So we will show products and layouts which are connected with this : mermaids, but also shells, sea, coral, fishes…
I wish show your creation (seen here : https://maggiestamping.com/2017/07/25/call-me-on-my-shell-phone/) within this article.
Would you agree with that ?
If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible a high resolution photo of your layout ?
Of course, your name or pen name will appear next to the image, and the address of your website will be in the address book.
Thank you in advance for your quick answer, even if she is negative, so that I can get organized (I have to give my paper very quickly).
Best Regards, Elise AMANN
(please answer directly to my email address : elise.amann(at)wanadoo.fr)