Summer is starting to heat up where I live in the Midwest (pun intended). It’s been cooler than average and very rainy but starting to get warmer. I don’t now if the rain will abate though.
This card was created to start off summer. I love the fresh greens and yellows and the overall tropical feel to it. The background stamp is a bold graphic, but you can also use it for a tone on tone effect for a subtler look. I love this background because it has such a distinct pattern and you may be seeing it on other cards I make.
How I made this project:
- Stamp the background stamp onto an A2-sized piece of white cardstock with green ink.
- Stamp the tropical leaf, beverage image and the “cheers!” sentiment onto white cardstock.
- Color the beverage image and the tropical leaf with Copic markers.
- Die-cut the beverage image, tropical leaf and sentiment if you have coordinating dies for them. Note: the sentiment doesn’t have a coordinating die, so I used a tiny banner die that fit the sentiment perfectly. You may also fussy cut the images if you prefer.
- Put bits of foam tape behind the tropical leaf, beverage and sentiment banner for added dimension.
- Adhere the die-cut images and sentiment onto a 3-inch by 4.25-inch piece of vellum.
- Final assembly of the card front:
- Cut down the background stamped piece to 4-inch by 5.25-inch.
- Mat the background piece to an A2-piece of coordinating green cardstock.
- Mount the vellum piece in the center of the card front (background plus green mat).
- Adhere the entire card front to an A2 card base.
- Adhere yellow sequins.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: WPlus9: Tropic Fever stamp set (background and tropical leaf); Newton’s Nook: Cocktail Mixer stamp set (beverage image and sentiment).
- Dies: WPlus9: Tropic stamp set coordinating die set (for tropical leaf); Newton’s Nook: Cocktail Mixer die set (for beverage); My Favorite Things (MFT): Die-namics Fishtail Sentiment Strips (smallest fishtail strip).
- Inks: Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black (Copic-friendly ink); Versafine Onyx Black ink (sentiment); Hero Arts Bold Ink (Hybrid Ink): Green Apple.
- Copic Markers: For the beverage: Y13, Y19, YR12, E12, YG25, BG10, R49; For the tropical leaf: G14, YG25, YG05.
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80# for stamping background and images; Neenah Solar White 110# for card base; Papertrey Ink cardstock in Green Parakeet (for mat); Bazzill Vellum 40#.
- Other: Hero Arts Ombre Sequins in Sunshine.
Hope you like this card. Have a great day!