What could be any more wonderful than having a unicorn and pink cake for your birthday!
I got the inspiration for this whimsical card from several Essentials by Ellen stamps. I think the leaping unicorn is so cute and the fine lined images all coordinate well with each other even though they are from different stamp sets.
How I made this project:
- Stamp the images onto Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink or any Copic-friendly black ink.
- Color the images using Copic markers.
- Die-cut the unicorn, cake, candles and stars from their respective stamp sets.
- Onto an A2-sized piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, lightly blend a background using Distress Oxide ink and a foam ink blending tool.
- Arrange the die-cut images on the card, but don’t adhere. This must be done to determine the placement of the birthday sentiment at the bottom of the card.
- Once the sentiment location has been determined, stamp the sentiment in black ink.
- Adhere all the image pieces using foam tape for dimension.
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: All stamps by Ellen Hutson’s Essentials by Ellen stamp line:
- Unicorn and Rainbows stamp set (unicorn and stars)
- Wish Big (birthday cake and candles)
- Sock Monkey Surprise (sentiment)
- Dies: All dies by Essentials by Ellen coordinating die sets:
- Unicorn and Rainbows die set (unicorn and stars die)
- Wish Big die set (birthday cake and candles)
- Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass (background)
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Copic-friendly) for stamping images
- Versafine Clare pigment ink in Nocturne (sentiment)
- Copic Markers:
- Unicorn – B02,BG07 and V17 (hair); C1 (body light shading); Y08 (horn and hooves)
- Birthday cake: RV52, RV55
- Birthday candles: Y08
- Neenah Solar White 80# for stamped images
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth 100# paper for blended background
- Neenah Solar White 110# for card base
Hope you like the project. Have a great day filled with unicorns, cake and stars. Unfortunately, I left out the sprinkles, but you can add them on your own!