Autumn arrives tomorrow technically and where I live, the cooler Fall weather has arrived today! YAY!
Spring and Autumn are my favorite season, followed by Winter. This is mainly because I’m a creature that despises heat and humidity and I live in a place in the Midwest where we have plenty of that in the summer.
Spring is wonderful because things become alive and start blooming. Fall is wonderful because of what I’ve mentioned previously. Winter is great because I love wearing sweaters and it’s too cold outside to do anything but craft and make cards!
I love rich color and Autumn is the time of year where Nature’s rich textures and golden sunlight come into play. I hope this card captures some of the rich colors.
The card was easy to make as far as techniques go, just randomly stamped leaves using rich autumnal colors.
Hope you like this project. Have a great Fall day!
How I made this card:
- Stamp a pattern onto a piece of white cardstock cut to 4” by 5.25” using various leaf stamps in autumnal colors.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versamark ink onto a burgundy piece of cardstock.
- Heat-emboss the sentiment using gold embossing powder.
- Trim down the sentiment piece to 2.5” wide and 3.75” long
- Adhere the sentiment piece to the leaf-patterned card front with foam tape.
- Adhere the card front to a burgundy A2 landscape-oriented card base.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Hero Arts: Textured Leaves clear stamp set (leaf background)
- Altenew: For All Seasons clear stamp set (sentiment)
- Hero Arts Bold Inks in Mulled Wine, Moss.
- Hero Arts Shadow Inks Mid-tone: Pumpkin, Cup o’ Joe.
- Catherine Pooler Inks: Mandarin Spice.
- Versamark ink (for embossing).
- Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock (for leaf background).
- Papertrey Ink: Scarlet Jewel cardstock (for sentiment and card base).
- Wow Metallic Embossing Powder in Gold Rich Pale.