I love this Valentine’s Day card made with patterned hearts. The patterns were stamped onto the heart shapes using my MISTI stamping tool. I used a patterned swatch stamp set and a window heart wafer die both by Simon Says Stamp. The patterns in the swatch set are lovely!
How I made this project
- Cut a piece of white wood-grained cardstock to 4.00” by 5.5”.
- Center the heart windows wafer die onto the wood-grained cardstock and run this through your die-cutting machine. This will create a panel with 6 heart openings. Note: The hearts that are cut out can be saved for another project.
- Using the heart window wafer die, and a piece of white cardstock, die-cut another set of hearts using the windows heart wafer die. This set of hearts will be used to stamp the patterns.
- Stamp the six patterns from the patterned swatch set onto the six die-cut hearts. Note: It’s best to use a stamping tool such as the MISTI to get a good, solid impression on each heart.
- Center and adhere the wood-grained panel onto an A2 (4.25” by 5.5”) piece of paper that is in a coordinating color as the ink used to stamp the hearts.
- Adhere foam tape on the back of each of the 6 stamped hearts.
- Inlay each of the 6 stamped hearts into a heart opening in the woodgrain cardstock piece. Note: the hearts will be slightly raised for dimension because of the foam tape behind each heart.
- For the sentiment:
- Heat emboss the sentiment using white embossing powder, onto a scrap piece of cardstock that is the same color as the cardstock used to mat the wood-grained panel.
- Die-cut the embossed sentiment using a banner die, or hand cut the banner.
- Adhere the sentiment banner to card front with foam tape.
- Adhere the final card front onto an A2-sized card base.
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Pattern Swatches stamp set; Simon Says Stamp: Simple Sentiments #2.
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp: Windows to My Heart wafer die; Honey Bee Stamps: Sentiment Banner die set.
- Inks: Catherine Pooler Inks: Party Dress; Versamark Ink (for embossing).
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: Raspberry Fizz (for mat); wood-grained cardstock; Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock (for stamped hearts and card base).
- Other: Hero Arts white embossing powder.
Hope you like this project. Have a great day!