Happy Valentine’s Day to all you lovers of carbs! This card is just for you.
This card was made using a cute stamp set that has loads of sentiment puns. I just love the set (I’ve notated the brand and stamp set name below).
How I made this project:
- Lightly ink blend a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock in pale pink ink. The piece should be large enough to die-cut heart from a heart die.
- Die-cut the pink-blended cardstock with the heart die. Adhere craft foam or foam tape to the back of the die-cut heart.
- Stamp the bread loaf and slice of bread in Copic-friendly ink onto white cardstock. Color the images and die-cut or fussy cut them out. Place foam tape on the back of these colored images.
- Layout your Copic-colored images on top of the die-cut heart. Leave room for the placement of the sentiment.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the heart in the desired location.
- Adhere the images (bread loaf and slice) to the heart.
- Add small red hearts (die-cut from a punch, etc.) or sequins to the heart.
- For the card mat:
- Cut a piece of A2 cardstock (4.25” x 5.5”) from red cardstock.
- If you are using a rectangular stitched die like I used, then die-cut the red A2 piece using the stitched die.
- Mount the heart onto the red mat cardstock.
- Mount the card front (heart & red mag piece) onto the front of an A2-sized card base. Note: If you have die-cut the red cardstock using a stitching die like I did, you may have to trim the entire card down to a size less than A2.
- Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Breakfast Buddies (images and sentiment).
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp: Breakfast Buddies coordinating dies (loaf of bread and slice); Simon Says Stamp: Wonky Heart craft dies (second from the largest of the dies in this set); My Favorite Things Die-namics: Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX (largest rectangle).
- Inks: Versafine Ink: Onyx Black (for sentiment); Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black for images that were colored with Copic Markers; Distress Oxide Ink: Spun Sugar (for soft color blending of heart).
- Copic Markers: E13, E53, and E50 for bread; Y17 (butter).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110# (card base and stamped images); Papertrey Ink: Pure Poppy (card mat and red punched hearts); Strathmore Bristol Smooth for heart and ink blending.
- Other: Heart Border punch (for the small red heart embellishments).
2 thoughts on “I Loaf You: Valentine’s Day Card for Carb Lovers”
Aww so adorable!! 😍 Very nice card! 😊
Thanks! Glad you liked this card.
LikeLiked by 1 person