I created a cheerful card to brighten someone’s day. The card is gender-neutral so it is appropriate for anyone. You can use different color palettes or combos depending on your own tastes or the tastes of the card recipient. I love cards that can be sent to anyone with just a few minor changes!
The stamps and dies I used are all by Altenew. Though Altenew’s specialty are gorgeous floral stamps, they have some great graphic stamp sets as well. I used two of them to make this card (the name of the sets is listed below in the supply list).
I used two colors in the same color family for this project. A light orange/coral to stamp the background and a darker orange/coral to stamp the small images over the dots of the background stamp.
Hope you like this project. Smile and stay happy. Have a great day!
How I made this project:
- Stamp the Watercolor Dots background stamp onto a piece of 4-inch by 5.25-inch white cardstock. Make sure that the background stamp pattern is centered onto the piece white cardstock. This means that the dots on the background don’t hang over the edge of the cardstock. (Note: I used the MISTI stamp positioner to stamp the background to ensure even ink coverage.)
- Stamp the small images include in the background stamp set over the background dots. You can stagger the pattern of the images, use only a few images in the set. I chose to use the asterisk, scattered dots and flower images and alternated them across the dots in the following order: asterisk, scattered dots, flower. I repeated this across each row of dots and then started with the next image of my pattern on the next row of dots (e.g. if the row ended with an asterisk image, I started the next row with the scattered dots image and then continued with the pattern.).
- Stamp the speech bubble sentiments with the darker shade of orange/coral and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. If you don’t have the dies, then fussy-cut the speech bubbles.
- Adhere the speech bubbles to the background dots card front.
- Cut a 3.75-inch by 5-inch piece of fun foam to the back of the card front. This will give the card front added dimension.
- Mount the background piece onto a mat in the same tone as the darker ink.
- Adhere the entire card front to an A2 (4.25-inch by 5.5-inch) card base.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Altenew: Watercolor Dots background stamp set; Altenew: Speech Bubbles stamp set.
- Dies: Altenew: Speech Bubbles coordinating die set.
- Inks: Catherine Pooler Inks: Bellini (lighter orange/coral); Samba (darker orange/coral).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110# (card front and card base); Papertrey Ink: Berry Sorbet cardstock (mat).