Spring is creeping slowly into our lives again in the Midwest. The sun sets a little later each day and on somedays (though not all) the temperature low is above freezing! Yay! I hope this card gives you a taste of the Spring to come.
I chose bright pinks, yellows and greens as the color combination for this card and blended the colors together using ink daubers and Distress Oxide Inks.
How I made this project:
- Die cut the floral frame from Bristol Smooth cardstock. This cardstock makes it easier to ink blend colors. The ink seems to sit on top of the paper longer so you cs
- Use sponge ink daubers to do the blending. One dauber for each of the colors used. Note: When coloring the frame, I dabbed the inked dauber onto the frame with a tapping motion so that I wouldn’t tear the delicate die-cut frame. As you dab on the colors, begin dabbing the flowers or leaves and then work out to the edge of the frame. I daubed all the flowers in pink, the circles in yellows (with 2 yellow inks), and the leaves in green (first using a light green then adding a deeper green for more depth).
- Blend inks on the edge of the frame with a bit of yellow to blend out any harsh color distinctions.
- Wait for the inked floral frame to dry.
- Stamp the sentiment and butterflies onto an A2 (4.25” by 5.5”) piece of white card. You may want to lay the floral frame over the white card piece to determine proper placement of the sentiment and butterflies so that they aren’t covered by the frame.
- Adhere the floral frame over the sentiment piece with either liquid or dry (tape runner) adhesive.
- Adhere the entire floral/sentiment piece to an A2-sized card base.
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: Neat & Tangled: Hello Spring stamp set (‘Hello Spring” sentiment); Paper Smooches: Graceful Beauties (small butterfly image, small heart image).
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp: Outline Floral Frame Die
- Inks: Catherine Pooler Inks in the following colors: Be Mine, Lime Rickey, Limoncello, Tiara; Distress Oxide Inks in the following colors: Squeezed Lemonade; Cracked Pistachio.
- Cardstock: Strathmore Bristol Smooth 100# cardstock for the floral frame; Neenah Solar White #8 (behind the frame); Neenah Solar White 110# (for the card base).
- Other: Sponge daubers.
Hope you like the project. Have a great day!