I love clean and simple card designs. However, for me they are difficult to achieve. I think the difficulty in making such cards lies in knowing that more is not better and there is a fine line between sparse and just enough.
I liked the results of this card. There is a single image of a lavender bud, a simple sentiment, and a little bit of background for the bud so that things don’t look too sparse or unfinished.
Hope you like this project. Have a great day!
How I made this project:
- Stamp the lavender bud and its green stem onto a piece of white cardstock.
- Die-cut or fussy cut the stamped image.
- Adhere foam tape to the back of the image for some dimension.
- Stamp the distressed circle and sentiment onto a 4-inch by 5.5-inch piece of white cardstock.
- Adhere the 4-inch by 5.5-inch stamped circle onto a 4.25-inch by 5.5 inch (A2 size) of colored cardstock (in the same color as the stamped distressed circle).
- Adhere the lavender bud over the distressed circle.
- Mount the entire card front onto an A2-sized card base.
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: Altenew: Lavender Bud (flower and sentiment); Altenew: Watercolor Frames (distressed circle).
- Inks: Altenew: Midnight Violet (bud) and Parrot (stem); Catherine Pooler Inks: Shea Butter (distressed circle).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar white 110# (for stamped images and card base; Papertrey Ink: Summer Sunrise for mat.