Hi everyone! This card was created using a stencil and one of my favorite coloring mediums, Distress Oxide Inks. I love the softness and opaqueness of these inks.
I chose bright colors because it is Summer and stenciled these butterflies in rainbow colored order.
Due to the size of the stencil butterfly and the fact that I wanted six colors for my rainbow I had to create an A6 card. The dimensions of an A6-sized card are 4.5” x 6.25”. This is the overall dimensions of my card, but the center butterfly panel is smaller as you can see. I needed the added length of an A6 card so that I could include the purple butterfly. I love the color purple!
The butterfly panel is raised with the help of a panel of craft foam and then adhered to the black A6-sized card base.
Hope you like this project. Keep smiling and have a great day!
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps : Simon Says Stamps: Beautiful Day (sentiment).
- Stencils: Simon Says Stamp: Butterfly Stencil (the mid-sized patterned butterfly on the stencil was used).
- Inks: Versafine ink: Onyx Black (sentiment)
- Distress Oxide Inks: From top to bottom butterfly: Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Broken China, and Wilted Violet.
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110# (for the butterfly panel); Wplus9: Black cardstock (it is 100# weight).