I haven’t posted in a while. But now that Christmas is getting nearer, I’ve started making holiday cards.
This card features a beautiful poinsettia flower. I love the die it was cut from. There is so much detail in it. The embossed lines that are created by the die really add dimension to the flower.
I die cut the flowers and the leaves from metallic shimmer paper because I think the holidays are all about things that shimmer, shine and glow. The border stamp (though it is stamped in the middle of the card front) was stamped with metallic gold shimmer ink. The results are stunning, and the photo doesn’t quite capture it.
Hope you like this project. Have a great day and try to fit in some Holiday crafting!
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh: Winter Borders stamp set; My Favorite Things: Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set (‘Merry’ ‘Christmas’ sentiment/words).
- Dies: Hero Arts: Paper Layering Poinsettia Fancy Die.
- Inks: Delicata: Golden Glitz (for the stamped border. Note: this ink is from Tsukineko); Hero Arts: Mid-Tone Shadow Ink in Royal Red (for sentiment).
- Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream (card front).
- Poinsettia flower in Red Satin shimmer cardstock (from my stash: brand name unknown).
- Leaves: Curious Metallic Paper in Botanic.
- Flower center: Stardream Metallic cardstock in Gold.