Spring hasn’t really happened yet. This is often the case when you live in the upper Midwest. We’ve had some warmer days but not consistently. A few daffodils here and there, but no major budding or blooming. In fact, this morning I saw a few snowflakes floating in the area. I checked my calendar to verify that it was April. It was, but still no Spring, not yet anyway.
Brighter days will come to all of us I know and so will all the good things that come with sunny, warmer days.
Here is a card to help you get by until Spring finally is here.
Have a great day! Stay safe, stay healthy and stay strong.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Altenew: Leaf Clusters
- The Ton: Basic Sentiments (happy)
- Neat and Tangled: Hello Spring die set
- Altenew Inks: Baby Pink, Limeade, Lime, Parrot
- Versamark Ink: for heat embossing of the word ‘happy’
- Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock (card front)
- Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock (card base)
- My Favorite Things Sparkle Cardstock: Cotton Candy (mat for the card front and Spring die-cut)
- Vellum 40# from my stash for the shadow die for the word ‘Spring’ and the stamped word ‘happy’ which was heat embossed with glitter embossing powder.
- WOW Glitter Embossing Powder: Pink Fizz (for the word ‘happy’)
- Hero Arts Sparkle Gems (used the tiny flower that dots the ‘I’ in the word ‘Spring’). This particular item may be discontinued.
- Final card size is A2 (4.25” x 5.5”)
- The leafy card front was stamped first on 4.25” x 5.5” piece of white 80# cardstock and then trimmed down by 1/8 of an inch on all sides (trimmed dimensions are 4.00” x 5.25”) and matted against the sparkle cardstock.