Stay strong! I cannot emphasize this enough in these times. I wanted to make a card that was positive and calming. I hope I achieved that.
I find that being near water is very calming for me, so I tried to create that feeling here. I love the different shades of blue used here to mimic waves and how the sea can change in color. This effect was achieved using watercolors and layering the shades of blues on top of each other. It was one of the techniques introduced in Online Card Classes’s Spring Card Camp 2 by Kristina Werner. There is also a Spring Card Camp 1. They are both great classes to take while you are staying in place.
Hope you liked this project and I wish everyone strength, calm and positivity in these difficult times.
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: Altenew: All Things Orange stamp set (for the seagulls, clouds, and sentiment).
- Dies: Altenew: All Things Orange coordinating die set (dies used for seagulls and clouds).
- Inks: Versafine: Onyx Black
- Watercolors: Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor Set (36 colors in all; only shades of blue were used and black at the very bottom).
- Papers & Cardstock:
- Arches Cold Press Watercolor Paper in 140 lb. (for card front)
- Papertrey Ink in Dark Indigo (for mat around the card front)
- Neenah Solar White 110# (for card base)
Note: the final card size is A2 (4.25” x 5.5”)