I am so happy and proud to be a part of the Papercrafters Unite Against Racism blog hop today.
Many thanks to Justine Hovey, a fellow papercrafter who organized the event. You can go to her website for for further information about the hop.
The goal of the hop is to come together as a community to stand behind and support our fellow crafters of color and highlight the never-ending fight against racism and our united support for equality for all.
I created three cards for this event. The main objects in each card were created using colors that represent the skin tones of all peoples. By using these colors, I hope that I can show that when we include and respect everyone regardless of color, we can become a part of something quite beautiful.
- The butterfly symbolizes change which we need if we are to eliminate racism.
- The hearts represent the hearts of all people that beat in rhythm to show we are united in this cause.
- Lastly, the hands represent the work that must be done by all of us if we are to stand united together in the name of equality.
I hope you like the cards. Please remember to support the bloggers who are part of the Papercrafters Unite Against Racism Blog Hop.
The specifics on supplies I used to created them are listed at the very end of this post.
- NEXT STOP ON THE BLOG HOP: Justine Hovey
Supplies used in making these projects:
Be the Change:
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Butterfly Blooms stamp set: Ellen Hutson Essentials by Ellen: Be the Change (sentiment).
- Dies: Papertrey Ink: Butterfly Blooms coordinating die set.
- Inks: Memento: Tuxedo Black (Copic-friendly ink); Altenew: Obsidian Pigment Ink (sentiment).
- Copic Markers: E77, E18, E15, E35, E31, E02, Y35, E08, E97.
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110# (butterfly and card base); Papertrey Ink: Rustic Cream (card front); Papertrey Ink: Dark Chocolate (mat for card front).
- Note: The butterfly was layered underneath with 2 additional layers of cardstock for added dimension. Card size is standard A2-size (4.25″ x 5.5″).
Unity in Diversity:
- Stamps: Altenew: Better Together (sentiment).
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp (SSS): Scribble Heart die.
- Inks: Altenew pigment ink: Obsidian (sentiment).
- Copic Markers: from left to right, top to bottom: E17 (Maroon); E18 (Copper); E35: (Chamois); E31 (Beige Brick); E02 (Fruit Pink).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110# (for die-cutting parts and card base); Neenah Classic Cream (for card front); Papertrey Ink: Dark Chocolate (card mat).
- Note: Card size is 5” x 7”; each of the hearts have 3 layers of cardstock for a little added dimension.
We Are Better Together:
- Stamps: Altenew: Better Together stamp set (sentiment).
- Dies: Ellen Hutson Essentials by Ellen: Hands die set.
- Stencils: My Favorite Things: Stencil Cloud.
- Ink: Versafine Pigment Ink: Onyx Black; Distress Oxide Ink: Broken China.
- Copic Markers: Colors listed for hands (left to right): E17 (Maroon), E18 (Copper); E25 (Chamois), E31 (Brick Beige), E02 (Fruit Pink).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110# used for die-cutting hands, card front and card base; Papertrey Ink: Hawaiian Shores (mat for card front).
- Note: Total card dimensions are 5.75” x 4.5”.