Summer is here, though it is not like any summer that I can remember. Stay indoors, staycations! At least I didn’t have to get ready for bikini weather this year and I don’t have to worry about exposure to too many UV rays! See there are positive sides to all of this.
But seriously, enjoy the outdoors if you can in your own backyard. Sip a nice cool drink of choice and play your favorite summer mix playlist. Practice safety. There will be other summers. For now, just look at this card and have fun reminiscing about past summers. Mr. Crab seems happy!
The world will get better, slowly but surely if we all stay strong together and practice safe distancing.
Hope you like the card and have fun and stay safe.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Impression Obsession: Summer (red rubber cling stamp); Simon Says Stamp: Sea You Soon (seagull image); Lawn Fawn: Pick of the Patch (‘HAPPY’ sentiment).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 100# (card front and card base); Turquoise-colored cardstock from my stash (mat for card front).
- Dies: My Favorite Things Die-namics: Double-Stitched Rectangle STAX (largest die).
- Inks: Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black (Copic-friendly); Altenew Pigment Ink: Obsidian (sentiment).
- Copic Markers: Letter ‘S’:YR18, YR04; Letter ‘M’: Y38; Letter ‘M’: BG15; Letter ‘E’: Y23,YG09; Letter ‘R’: YR18; Palm Tree Fronds: YG09; Palm Tree Bark: E08; Crab: R29, Y11; Sun: Y17; Sand: E11.
- Notes: Faber-Castell Artist Pen ‘S’ was used to create tiny random black dots in the sand. The card is an A2-sized card (4.25″ x 5.5″).