I love these patterned butterflies!
The set I used is an Ellen Hutson’s Essentials by Ellen stamp set that also has some great sentiments. However, this card has a sentiment from another Essentials by Ellen stamp set (see the details below).
My butterflies were stamped and die-cut from a background piece of Bristol smooth paper that had been ink blended with Distress Oxide inks. The entire piece of 4.25” x 5.5” Bristol paper was ink blended first and the butterfly stamps were stamped onto the piece using a black pigment ink. Once the butterflies were stamped, they we then die-cut using their corresponding dies.
Using an embossing folder, I embossed a 4” x 5.25” (A-2 sized) piece of yellow cardstock to create a textured mat on which to adhere the butterflies. I then adhered the mat and butterflies to an A2-sized panel of cardstock the same color as the mat piece and then mounted the entire front to a A2-sized top folding card base.
I love the texture of the embossed background and I think it complements the patterns on the butterflies very well.
Hope you like my cheery card. Have a great day.
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: Ellen Hutson Essentials by Ellen: Be the Change stamp set (butterflies); Essentials by Ellen: You Should Know stamp set (sentiment).
- Dies: Ellen Hutson Essentials by Ellen: Be the Change coordinating die set.
- Embossing Folder: Alexandra Renke: Level Curves Embossing Folder (may no longer be available).
- Altenew Pigment Ink: Obsidian (stamping of butterflies and sentiment)
- Distress Oxide Inks: Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral, Squeezed Lemonade (used to create the color on the butterflies)
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110# for card base; Papertrey Ink cardstock: Lemon Tart (embossed card front mat and matting behind the embossed mat); Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper (for color-blended butterflies).
- Note: The embossed mat background was raised using foam tape as was all three butterflies.