Mother’s Day will be here soon. It is time to remember your Mom and all the things that she did for you. Mothers are the greatest!
I love this card because I was able to use one of my background stamps that I bought on impulse. This background stamp has a strong graphic pattern consisting of bold groups of line at different angles that appear to cross each other. Therefore, you would not normally use it for a card to your mother. However, I think the pattern works with the bold “MOM” sentiment die and the graphical die-cut leaves.
Hope you have a great day and remember Mom IS the best!
Supplies used in making this project:
- Simon Says Stamp: Stripe Jumble Background stamp (6”x6” red rubber)
- Hero Arts Stamp & Cut: Thanks set (sentiment: “you are the best”)
- My Favorite Things Die-namics: Mom die
- Papertrey Ink: Fancy Foliage die set
- Catherine Pooler Inks: Party Dress (used for graphic stamp pattern)
- Versamark ink (used for heat embossed sentiment strip)
- Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock (used for stamping the background pattern and making the card base)
- Simon Says Stamp: Glitter cardstock in Magenta (used for the die-cut ‘MOM’ and the top layer of the leaf foliage)
- Papertrey Ink: Raspberry Fizz (used to create the bottom 3 layers of the leaf foliage)
- Papertey Ink: True Black (used for the skinny sentiment ‘you are the best’)
- Hero Arts: White embossing powder
- The card is an A2-sized card (4.25” x 5.5”) with a horizontal orientation and fold along the top.
- The die-cut foliage (leaves) were triple-stacked using Raspberry Fizz cardstock. The magenta glitter cardstock was used as the top layer for a total of four layers.
- Fun foam was used on the back of the ‘MOM’ sentiment to give it added dimension.
- The jumble background pattern was stamped onto a full 6”x6” piece of cardstock and a strip of it cut down for the card.
- The cardstock used for the mat of the jumble-patterned strip is Raspberry Fizz.