Simon Says Stamp’s Flickr Challenge #72 is all about summer and what it means to you!
A bright sun and the clear blue water of a lake would make anyone smile during the summer. This is the second of two submission to SSS’s Flickr challenge. If you want to see my first interpretation of this challenge please go to my post Hello Summer.
How I made the “Smile—the Sun is Out” project:
- The wave background was stamped onto A2-sized white cardstock with Versamark ink and then heat embossed using white embossing powder, after prepping the cardstock with an embossing bag.
- Then the embossed wave background was colored using three different colors of blue Distress inks to create an ombre effect.
- The sun was stamped onto yellow-orange cardstock and then die-cut using a coordinating die and orange enamel dots were added to the sun’s cheeks.
- The sun was mounted onto the card front with foam tape.
- An oval die was used to cut an oval from vellum cardstock for the sentiment.
- Then sentiment was stamped in a black ink compatible with vellum.
- Sequins were then adhered around the sentiment using glue dots.
- Glue dots were adhered to the back of the sentiment behind the sequins and the entire piece adhered to the card front.
- The card front was cut down to 4” x 5.25” and mounted onto an A2-sized piece of cardstock.
- The entire piece was then mounted onto an A2 top-folding, portrait-oriented card base.
Supplies used in making this project:
- SSS: Happy Days (sun image)
- SSS: Happy and Smile (sentiment)
- Hero Arts: Wave Background
- SSS: Happy Days (coordinating die set – for sun)
- My Favorite Things: Wonky Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics
- Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Mermaid Lagoon.
- Versafine Ink in Onyx Black (sun)
- Tsukineko Brilliance Ink in Graphite Black (sentiment on vellum)
- Neenah Solar White 80# (card front)
- Papertrey Ink: Summer Sunrise (sun)
- Stampin’ Up: Tempting Turquoise (card mat)
- Neenah Solar White 110# (card base)
- Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
- SSS: Crystal Reflections Sequins
- Pinkfresh Enamel Dots