Today I’m channeling my inner Laura Bassen. If you don’t know who she is, please check out her blog. Her card creations are loaded with bright colors of the rainbow. That’s her signature style and she is my idol. The colors she uses in her cards make me happy every time I see a new creation.
This is a shout out to her! Thanks Laura for all your inspiration and fun commentaries on your YouTube videos!
Hope you like the cards. I used my Catherine Pooler Inks to create this rainbow splatter wreath and a great stamp and sentiment from Altenew. I also used the Gina K Designs Wreath Builder Template to create the circle/wreath.
Hope you like this card. Have a brilliant day!
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: Altenew: A Splash of Color stamp set (splatter image and sentiment).
- Inks: Catherine Pooler Inks: Party Dress, Tiki Torch, Tiara, Lime Rickey, Something Borrowed, Grape Crush, Flirty Fuchsia, Pixie Dust; Altenew pigment ink: Obsidian (for the sentiment).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock (card front); Papertrey Ink: True Black cardstock (card base).
- Other: Gina K Designs Wreath Builder Template (4-inch sized); fun foam sheets.
- Notes: The total card is a 4.5-inch square. The rainbow wreathed card front is a 4-inch square which was mounted on a fun foam square (3.75-inch) for added dimension.
Peonies are one of my favorite flowers. Their blooms are so full and beautiful. This card is an homage to them.
All the coloring of the peonies and leaves was done using Copic Markers. The die cover plate used as a mat behind the peonies adds some additional texture and interest to the card. I’m happy with how the elements all came together. The card has a very feminine look to it and would make a perfect Mother’s Day card using a different sentiment.
Hope you like the project. Have a great day!
How I made this project:
- Stamp all three peonies from the Altenew Beautiful Peony stamp set onto a piece of white Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock. Use a Copic-friendly black ink to stamp the flower images.
- Stamp the leaves from the same stamp set onto Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock. Note: I stamped all the leaves and then determined which ones I wanted to use for my arrangement later.
- Color and shade the peonies and the leaves using Copic makers (the color markers I used are listed in the supply list below).
- Die-cut the flowers and leaves using the coordinating dies or fussy-cut them if you don’t have the dies.
- Using the cover plate (listed below in the supplies), die cut the scalloped-patterned mat from a 4.25” by 5.5” piece of white cardstock and then trim it down to 4” by 5.25”.
- Adhere a 3.75” by 5” piece of fun foam to the back of the scalloped-patterned mat. This will raise the card front against the card base.
- Adhere the scalloped mat to an A2 card base in a color that coordinates with the color of the peonies. The card base will form a frame around the mat.
- Arrange and adhere the three peonies and the leaves near the bottom of the card front.
- For the sentiment: Stamp the sentiment onto a piece cardstock in the same color as the card base and cut it out in a rectangle or use a banner die to cut the sentiment piece. Adhere the sentiment.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Altenew: Beautiful Peony stamp set (flowers and leaves); Altenew: Floral Shadow stamp set (sentiment).
- Dies: Altenew Beautiful Peony coordinating die set (flowers and leaves); Altenew: Dotted Scales cover plate.
- Inks: Memento: Tuxedo Black (Copic-friendly ink for stamped flower and leaf images); Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment).
- Copic Markers: For the flowers (from lightest to darkest): R01, R21, R22; For the leaves (lightest to darkest): YG11, YG25, YG13.
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock; Papertrey Ink: Pale Peony (for card base and sentiment strip).