Sometimes life can be a beach, especially in the Summer!
I loved making this card using an Avery Elle stamp I bought last year, but hadn’t used! I found it wedged behind my craft desk and the wall while I was doing a little tidying up of my craft room. (Yes, I do clean my craft room from time to time!).
The sky and the sandy beach were created using a cheaper version of the Picket Fence Life Changing Brushes which I purchased from Amazon. I have to say that ink blending with this kind of brush (really a soft foundation brush) makes the process so easy. I also used Bristol Smooth cardstock. Inks just glide over this type of paper when you use it for ink blending.
The images were stamped with a Copic-friendly ink and colored with Copic Markers and I list the colors below. I die cut the images using the coordinating die set for the stamps and raised the images with bits of foam tape.
Hope you like this project. Have a great, beachy day!
Supplies used to make this project:
- Stamps: Avery Elle: Beside the Sea stamp set
- Dies: Avery Elle: Beside the Sea dies
- Stencils: Rosie’s Roadshow Cloud Template (This may be hard to find, but MFT’s Mini Cloud Edges stencil would work).
- Inks: Distress Inks: Peacock Feathers (for the clouds/sky); Distress Oxide Ink in Tea Dye (for the sand); Versafine Ink in Onyx Black (for the sentiment); Catherine Pooler Inks in Grass Skirt (for the tufts of grass); Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, a Copic-friendly ink (for stamping the Copic-colored images).
- Copic Markers: Blue beach house: BG15, BG11, Y19; Orange House: YR19, YR04, Y19; Green/Yellow House: YG07, YG23, YG21; Sun: Y19; Seagull: C1; Sand Pail: YR09: Sand Pail shadow: E33.
- Cardstock: Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper (for the card front); Neenah Solar White 80# (for the stamped images); Papertrey Ink cardstock in Hawaiian Shores (card mat); Neenah Solar White 110# for the card base.