Happy Halloween! Make sure you have enough treats when this tricker-treater comes to your door.
This is a 5”x7” card (A7) due to the size of Frankenstein’s head! The sky was ink blended using Tim Holtz Distress Ink, the bats are die cut as is the black cloud/haze from which Frankenstein is emerging. Frankenstein’s face was colored using Copic makers.
Note: Bristol Smooth card stock was used for the ink blended sky. This particular cardstock is great for ink blending. The inks sit on top of the paper for a while, rather than being quickly absorbed into the paper. You get a better blend as a result of this.
Have a Happy Halloween, celebrate safely and Happy Haunting!
Supplies used to make this project:
- Colorado Craft Company: So Franken Cute (Frankenstein’s face).
- Essentials by Ellen (Ellen Hutson): The Last Bite stamp set by Julie Ebersole (sentiment).
- Mama Elephant Creative Cuts: Slim Card Basics Die Set (for the cloud border at the bottom of the card).
- Tim Holtz Thinlits Dies by Sizzix: Bat Crazy die set (bats flying in the sky).
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper (for ink blended card front).
- Neenah Solar White 80# (for stamped Frankenstein face)
- Neenah Solar White 110# (for card base)
- Black cardstock from my stash (for bats and cloud/haze)
- Distress Inks (in order from top to bottom): Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Wild Honey.
- Memento Tuxedo Black (for Frankenstein’s face) or any Copic-friendly ink.
- Altenew Obsidian ink (for sentiment).
- Copic Markers for Frankenstein’s face: YG11 (Mignonette) and G00 (Jade Green) for shading.