I am SO behind in posting the cards that I have made. I made this card in early September, when I purchased the new Ellen Hutson’s Essentials by Ellen Paper Pack, Modern Graphics.
I’m a sucker for anything that is graphic in design. This is partly because, I envy those craft product designers who can come up with the most eye-catching designs in patterned paper and stamps. Their patterns and designs always leave me awestruck. I’m always amazed at how different elements that don’t look coordinated can look so interesting and cohesive together.
This is my attempt to imitate those wonderful graphic designers.
This project is a combination of stamping, die-cutting and layering cardstock.
· I cut the animal-dotted patterned paper from the patterned paper pack down to an A2-sized mat piece.
· Next, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using Papertrey Ink’s Brushed Off Rectangle die. I love this die because of the unusual brushed-cut edges. Love the textured edges!
· I then stamped a graphic leaf image from the Essentials by Ellen Rustic Botanicals stamp set. I chose an olive colored ink from Papertrey Ink and my favorite black ink from Tsukineko. The leaf was stamped several times and I alternated the stamping as well as the two different colored ink.
· I cut a black piece of cardstock slightly larger than the Brushed Off rectangle to frame the stamped center rectangle, so that it’s edges didn’t get lost against the dotted pattern mat background.
· I added a small sentiment that was heat embossed with white embossing powder onto black cardstock. The sentiment was raised using foam tape.
· The entire card front was mounted onto an A2 card base.
Hope you like the look! Have a great day!
Supplies used in making this card:
o Essentials by Ellen Rustic Botanicals stamp set.
o My Favorite Things: Simply Said stamp set (sadly no longer available—set has tiny sentiments in a simple font)
o Papertrey Dye Ink in Ripe Avocado
o Tsukineko Versafine Ink in Onyx Black
o Neenah Solar White 80# for the center focal panel
o Bazzill Cardstock in Licorice Twist
o Essentials by Ellen Modern Graphics cardstock (4 different patterns, this one is the animal dots pattern).
o Neenah Solar White 110# for the card base
o Hero Arts White Embossing Powder