This month’s inspiration board for the Pin-Sights Challenge over at Ellen Hutson’s classroom features a lot of beautiful colors and images shown below.
I decided to go simple and used just three colors to create my focal image. The colors are teal, a dark blue, and a gray from Tsukineko’s Versafine Clair collection of ink pads. The colors stamped beautifully.
The focal image took inspiration from the arrangement of succulents in the inspiration board.
How I made this project:
- On a 4.00”x5.25” piece of white cardstock, I stamped a flower several times to form a cluster.
- Using another stamp from the same stamp set, I stamped the centers of the flowers in gray.
- Using a darker blue color, I used a coordinating stamp for the flower to stamp the flower folds.
- The leaves for the flower cluster were stamped around to cluster for balance. Note: I didn’t use masking when I stamped the leaves. I inked the leaves stamp in gray and then wiped ink away using my finger on the portion(s) of the leaves so that the leaves looked like they were coming from behind the flower(s).
- The sentiment was stamped in the same gray ink as the leaves.
- The card front was then matted against a gray, metallic shimmer card. The mat was 4.25”x5.5” so there was an eighth-inch border all around.
- The card front with mat was mounted onto a 4.25”x5.5” card base.
- Clear gemstones were added for some soft bling.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Essentials by Ellen: Courage Stamp Set (flowers and leaves); Essentials by Ellen: Lovely stamp set (sentiment).
- Inks: Tsukineko’s VersaFine Clair inks: Warm Breeze (flower); Blue Belle (flower folds); Morning Mist (leaves and sentiment).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80# (card front); Silver metallic cardstock in a gunmetal gray from my stash (mat); Neenah Solar White 110# for card base.
- Other: Hero Arts Smooth Clear Gemstones.
The overall look of the card is clean and simple. The style of the card matches the sentiment in a way—just enough, not fussy.
Hope you like the card. Have a great day!