I love geometric shapes!
The hexagon is one of my favorites because it reminds me of bees and bees are our friends. They work tirelessly to provide us with all the beautiful flowers, fruits, and vegetable we enjoy as well as providing that great sweetener, honey! So, I am giving a shout out to bees! They have always been here for us.
Also, this card is a reminder to all my friends and family that I am here for them, always.
I could not resist Pinkfresh Studio’s hexagon cover die and cling stamp set. This is one of the cards I came up with using the two together. I used the die-cut hexagons from the cover die and some scraps of patterned paper and one of the hexagon stamps in the cling stamp set. The background was created using 3 shades of Distress Oxide inks. One of my old heart punches came in handy for adding little hearts as embellishments.
Hope you like the project. Have a great day!
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: Pinkfresh Studio: Pop Out Hexagons cling stamp set.
- Dies: Pinkfresh Studio: Simply Hexagon Cover Die.
- Punches: EK Success: Confetti Heart Punch.
- Inks: Versafine Pigment Ink: Onyx Black (sentiment); Distress Oxide Inks: Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick (from light to dark for the background of the card front); Gina K Designs Ink: Bubblegum (hexagon stripes).
- Paper: Memory Box: Cottage Meadow 6×6 patterned paper set (for flowered hexagons); Simon Says Stamp: Cotton Candy (die-cut stamped diagonal stripe hexagons); Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper (for blended card front background); Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock (card base).
- Notes: This is an A2-sized card (4.25” x 5.5”). The hexagons were mounted on two-layers of white cardstock for added dimension and then adhered to the card front. The small heart embellishments were punched from white cardstock that had been colored using Distress Oxide Ink in Worn Lipstick.