Mother’s Day always brings thoughts of Spring, pastel colors and flowers. This project was created for a Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge. Using at least one SSS product, the challenge involved created a card with flowers or a Mother’s Day using floral designs. I’ve posted the picture on Flickr and Instagram.
So, to all mothers and women who raise and nurture others (you are motherly!), Happy Mother’s Day!
Hope you like this project! Have a great day!
How I made this project:
- Using a stamp set with floral images, stamp a border pattern onto an A2-sized (4.25”x5.5”) piece of white cardstock along the horizontal-oriented top and bottom of the piece. I used a MISTI stamping tool for this to insure good, stamped images. Also, stamp with a Copic-friendly ink since the images will be colored with Copic markers.
- Color the images with Copic markers.
- Die-cut the letters M-O-M from pink sparkle cardstock. Cut the letters two additional times in plain cardstock.
- Adhere the letters cut from pink cardstock to the back of the pink-glittered letters. Note: There will be a total of 3-layers for each letter. This is done for added dimension.
- Center the letters to form the word Mom in the middle of the card front as show in the picture.
- Stamp the sentiment phrase “LOVE YOU” underneath the word ‘MOM’.
- Trim the top and bottom of the floral card front piece by 1/8-inch. The card front will be 4.00” by 5.25”.
- Adhere the card front to an A2-sized mat of pink cardstock.
- Adhere the completed card front to an A-2 sized, horizontal-oriented card base.
Supplies I used to make this project:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Spring Flowers stamp set (large and small flowers; leaves); SSS: Mom and Dad Icon stamp set (for phrase ‘LOVE YOU’); SSS: Koalaty Friend (small butterfly image).
- Dies: SSS: Mom and Dad Icon wafer die set (for letters spelling ‘MOM’).
- Inks: Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black (Copic-friendly); Versafine Pigment Ink in Onyx Black (‘LOVE YOU’).
- Copic Markers:
- For large flower petals: RV11-Pink; flower centers: Y35-Maize.
- For small flowers: BG11-Moon White.
- For leaves with dotted lines: YG25-Celadon Green.
- For solid-outlined leaves: combination of YG13-Chartreuse and YG25-Celadon Green.
- For butterflies: Y32-Cashmere.
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80# for card front; SSS: Cotton Candy (mat for card front); Neenah Solar White 110# for card base; Mirri Sparkle cardstock: Pink Sapphire (for word ‘MOM’)