This is another “Happy Autumn” card made. I made if from the leafy die frame that came with the Hero Arts September My Monthly Hero (MMH) card kit.
There are lots of beautiful stamp images with this kit. However, I chose to use the leafy die frame that came in the kit and run with it. The frame was colored with Hero Arts inks and a sponge dauber. I also used the “Happy Autumn” sentiment that came in the MMH stamp set.
I first matted the finished leaf frame against a cream-colored cardstock, but it looked bland. More texture was needed, so I used a background cover die to add a woodgrain texture.
Hope you like this project. Have a great day!
How I made this project:
- Die cut the leafy frame from a piece of Bristol Smooth paper. I did this because I intended to do a lot of ink blending and Bristol Smooth really helps achieve a very blended ink look.
- Dab inks in autumn colors around the leaf frame using sponge daubers. Blend the inks as you go around the frame until you get the desired effect. Set the frame aside.
- Die-cut an A2 (4.25” x 5.5”) piece of cream-colored cardstock using a wood-grain patterned cover die.
- Trim the A2 cream-colored mat down to 4.00” x 5.25” (trim an eighth of an inch off on all sides).
- For the sentiment:
- Die-cut a sentiment banner from the same cream-colored card stock. It should be slightly longer than the width of the sentiment.
- Heat emboss the sentiment using Versamark ink and rose gold embossing powder.
- Set sentiment aside.
- For the tiny leaf and acorn embellishments:
- Punch out tiny leaves and acorn using a leaf border edge punch from copper and bronze metallic papers.
- For the final assembly of the card:
- Adhere the leafy frame to the cream-colored, woodgrain mat with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere foam tape to the back of the sentiment banner and place it on the matted frame piece.
- Adhere the tiny leaves and acorn to the card front as show in the photo.
- Mount the card front (matted frame piece) to an A2, horizontal-oriented, top-folding card base cut from rust-colored cardstock.
Supplies used in making this project:
- Stamps: My Monthly Hero Card Kit of September 2018 – stamp set (‘Happy Autumn’ sentiment for this kit).
- Hero Arts MMH September 2018 card kit: leafy border/frame.
- Lawn Fawn: Woodgrain Backdrop die.
- MFT Die-namics Sentiment Strips die – This particular die set may no longer be available.
- Inks: All inks are by Hero Arts: Mulled Wine, Moss, Butter Bar, Just Rust, Royal Red.
- Punches: EK Success: EK Tools Edge Paper Punch: Falling Leaves. (love the tiny images from this border punch!)
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper (100#) – for the leaf frame.
- Neenah Classic Crest cardstock in Natural White (this cardstock is a very subtle cream color) 80# (for sentiment strip and woodgrain mat).
- Papertrey Ink: Terracotta Tile 100# cardstock for card base.
- Metallic paper in bronze and copper (from my stash).
- Other: Rose Gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp.